December 6, 2017

Efficiency Experiment: The Results

If you read my last blog post (you better have), you know I tried to be as efficient as possible a week and a half ago.

No distractions. No wasting time. No pointless actions.
"Match your actions with your ambitions"
So, how did I do? Did I work for 16 hours straight without any breaks? 

Well, here are the "results."

I mean this when I say this: I stayed focused on the task on hand without distractions or aimlessly looking at my phone for the entire day besides these two instances (Netflix and Social Media)

I didn't count the time I took to workout and eat because I figured these parts of my life are essential in order to stay healthy.

Sorry not sorry.

Was there any point of doing this for ONE DAY? What's the whole idea of being extra focused for one day and then going back to my "old ways?"

I consider myself someone who is focused and with the ability to regroup after being distracted. There were times when I wanted to just "chill," sit back and check Instagram. There were times I wanted to watch another Stranger Things.

Of course, it's healthy to take breaks and give yourself a mental break for clarity. However, whenever I sit down with the intention to complete a task, I make a conscious effort to complete it after I start it.

Finish what you started, man.
Here's how I do it:
  • Set a timer.
  • One hour.
  • After that hour is complete, take a 10 minute break.
  • Then get right back to it.

It becomes a game. You against the clock. Who's going to win? You have plenty of time EVERY DAY to complete the majority of things you want to do.

It all comes down to how you're spending your time.

How are you spending your time when you're awake? 

I'm not going to take notes every time I "slip up" or get distracted. However, I am going to have the quote "Match your actions with your ambitions" in the back of my head whenever I set out to do something. Big or small.

Give it a try and let me know if you have any other ways to consistently stay focused.

No comments: